Finn O’Connor is a young, ambitious but penniless actor in Dublin. He’s a hard worker and dedicated, but he just can’t seem to catch a break. To pay the bills, he works at Luna, Dublin’s most exclusive restaurant.
When world-famous director Brendan Bloom arrives at Luna for dinner, Finn sees an opportunity to further his career. Flouting accepted etiquette, he boldly takes his chance to talk to the auteur. This decision is the catalyst for a twisted sequence of events that will change both men’s lives forever, culminating in the performance of a lifetime from our young waiter.
Jack Armstrong is an award-winning producer. He is credited on dozens of feature films and shorts, ranging from ‘The Commitments’, ‘Far and Away’, ‘Interview with the Vampire’ and ‘The Football Factory’.
He created ‘Final Curtain’ after hearing about a real-life incident in a Dublin restaurant, persuading writer Chris Harris to dramatise the event and Dan Gifford to direct.
Dan Gifford is a highly garlanded commercials director who developed his skills shooting high-end TV commercials for clients such as Nike, Mercedes, McLaren, CNN, Nissan, Heineken and the BBC, to name but a few.
‘Final Curtain’ is his first film, which was shot on location in Dublin.
He is based in Venice Beach, California.
- REMI Winner – 53rd Annual WorldFest Houston International Film Festival 2020
- Official Selection at the 12th Underground Cinema Film Festival 2020
- Best International Thriller – Jersey Shore Film Festival 2020
- Official Selection at the Richard Harris International Film Festival 2020
- Official Selection at NOT FILM FEST 2020
- Annual Finalist at the INDIEX FILM FEST Los Angeles 2020
- Official Selection at FastNet Film Festival 2021
- Won Best Production Design, Best Cinematography, Best Soundtrack, Best Thriller x 2, Best Director x 2